<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 24, 2005 AD

Enough, already!

There's more to life than books, you know -
But not much more.


  -  The Smiths, "Handsome Devil"
I said this already in the comments, but just for the record: while this book tag thing has been great fun, and reminded me of various books that have meant a lot to me in the past, and various books that I either want to re-read, or to read for the first time - and while I am looking forward to the lists from those yet to respond (you know who you are) - it has also, let's be honest, represented something of an outbreak of collective insanity in the Lutheran Blogosphere™.

Indeed, perhaps someone should have nominated this as one of their books (though in fact it gets quoted quite extensively by Francis Wheen, so perhaps it's included in my list "by reference").

So this is just to say that if any other "tag! you're it!" memes crop up, then I will be ignoring any attempts to tag me. That even includes - tempted though I may be to join in with this one - the twist introduced by "J Random Hermeneut" of extending the exercise to music. ("[The composer] J.G. Walther was the greatest Walther ever to grace the Lutheran church. All others are mere imposters." Bad pastor! No biscuit!)