Saturday, April 15, 2006 AD
Blogroll update
Finally got round to a minor spring-clean on my blogroll. New entries include Conrad Gempf's Not Quite Art, Not Quite Living, Alastair Robert's Adversaria (helped along in no small measure by this superb post, linked by Josh the other day), and a welcome (and slightly belated) return for Daniel "Wyclif" Stoddart, who has recently been ordained as a deacon in one of the remaining Christian bits of the Episcopal Church - with a particular mission to plant Anglican parishes in the Delaware valley.
Other changes include Theresa's recently rehoused Katie's Beer, a link to my del.icio.us bookmarks (in case you want to know more about what's going on in my head than even I do), and (with apologies to Pr Joel "Slackware or bust" Humann) a little Flash doobrie with photographs from my Flickr account. (Firefox users: have fun trying to get your pop-up blocker to play ball with that last one. It may be a fairly short-lived feature. *sigh*)
Update: This seemingly-innocuous little post seems to have caused more than its fair share of flapdoodle. Apologies in particular to Pr McCain for the distraction he has suffered relating to the whole question of blogrolling.
I think it is worth explaining that my policy towards blogrolling is not to have a comprehensive, or even representative, listing of Lutheran blogs. If you want to see a blogroll that fulfils that particular function then see either here or here.
My own list simply consists of the sites I happen to read on a regular basis and want to recommend to people. As I don't have a great deal of time for blogging anymore - the recent flurry of activity is thanks to my taking a week off work over Easter, and normal (in)activity will be resumed shortly - there are not very many sites that fall into this category. So please don't be offended if your site is not listed here.
For the same reasons, I don't personally go for "reciprocal" linking. I'm grateful for everyone who links to this site, but wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated to reciprocate for a link I make to their site, or vice versa.
Peace out, y'all, as the Archbishop of Canterbury might say.
Other changes include Theresa's recently rehoused Katie's Beer, a link to my del.icio.us bookmarks (in case you want to know more about what's going on in my head than even I do), and (with apologies to Pr Joel "Slackware or bust" Humann) a little Flash doobrie with photographs from my Flickr account. (Firefox users: have fun trying to get your pop-up blocker to play ball with that last one. It may be a fairly short-lived feature. *sigh*)
Update: This seemingly-innocuous little post seems to have caused more than its fair share of flapdoodle. Apologies in particular to Pr McCain for the distraction he has suffered relating to the whole question of blogrolling.
I think it is worth explaining that my policy towards blogrolling is not to have a comprehensive, or even representative, listing of Lutheran blogs. If you want to see a blogroll that fulfils that particular function then see either here or here.
My own list simply consists of the sites I happen to read on a regular basis and want to recommend to people. As I don't have a great deal of time for blogging anymore - the recent flurry of activity is thanks to my taking a week off work over Easter, and normal (in)activity will be resumed shortly - there are not very many sites that fall into this category. So please don't be offended if your site is not listed here.
For the same reasons, I don't personally go for "reciprocal" linking. I'm grateful for everyone who links to this site, but wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated to reciprocate for a link I make to their site, or vice versa.
Peace out, y'all, as the Archbishop of Canterbury might say.



