Monday, May 10, 2004 AD
Meta-Bloggering
After less than five hours, I've abandoned Blogger's new comments system and reverted to Haloscan, until Blogger sort out the problems. Though I could have quite a wait, since many of these appear to come under the heading of "it's not a bug, it's a feature" - the need to register before you can leave non-anonymous comments; the general clunkiness of having to go first to the "item page" and then click the "leave comments" link; the general clunkiness, period; etc. Haloscan seems a lot more user-friendly, and I've never (so far) had the problems that some people report with it.
Not that making this further change was a piece of cake, due to the problems with publishing at the moment - but on the fifth attempt to republish minus Blogger comment links, I managed it. Hoorah!
The new look - including the preview button - works fine on my PC here in the office, but I'm guessing that my days of posting at home using Web TV are now over. But hey, everyone who matters has a PC running a recent Windows OS and IE6.*. So I guess that's all right then.
And at least my blog's not suffered quite as badly as Josh's appears to be at the moment. My theory is that Fyodorovna (RIP) had the inside track on today's changes, and decided now was the time to bale out...
Not that making this further change was a piece of cake, due to the problems with publishing at the moment - but on the fifth attempt to republish minus Blogger comment links, I managed it. Hoorah!
The new look - including the preview button - works fine on my PC here in the office, but I'm guessing that my days of posting at home using Web TV are now over. But hey, everyone who matters has a PC running a recent Windows OS and IE6.*. So I guess that's all right then.
And at least my blog's not suffered quite as badly as Josh's appears to be at the moment. My theory is that Fyodorovna (RIP) had the inside track on today's changes, and decided now was the time to bale out...



